from the facebook page article
Free Normandy Map Update Coming
In May 2017, Urga Media released their DCS: Normandy 1944 map for DCS World. The map focused on the landing beaches of Normandy and points south to encompass the breakout period in June 1944. The entire map also includes portions of southern England and areas outside the landing and breakout area to the south at a lower level of detail. The total map size is 267 x 348 kilometers and includes many period specific buildings, bridges, vehicles, windmills, and other objects that populate the map. This has been the ideal map for World War II combat and even low-altitude helicopter flying.
Since the release and a large update to this map, Urga Media has been very busy to two primary items: The DCS: Syria map and another large, free, update to the Normandy map!
This free Normandy map will include the following:
- Improved quality of ground textures (fields and urban areas).
- Improved quality of the noise textures. This will be particularly evident at low altitudes.
- Improved quality of the coastline, both in Normandy and along the English coast.
- Processing of fields and city vector data to use new DCS World terrain technologies.
- Improved quality of the rivers and lakes.
- Improved quality of roads.
- Increased the number of unique objects and scenes.
- Optimization and improved the look of the trees and forests.
- Optimization of map for virtual reality performance.
We have no planned release date at this time.