Oculus Rift S
Yes, the sensation of flight, of speed, of size is amazing. This is what flight sims should be, and there’s no turn back,
But not everything is good.
- The FOV of the Rift S is too small.
- It seems impossible to find a good position of the headset that stays every time you want to fly, and either your are eyes are perfectly centered or you will have low quality pictures.
- Resolution, too low. Cockpits are ok (in DCS at least) but outside the cockpit you want more!
- At this point DCS is more or less ok to fly, I can see targets and guess their aspect up to 1nm.
- For some reason, IL2 is unplayable for me, too blurry. All graphics are waaaaay too low resolution, impossible to fly. But this could be my settings, I will keep trying.
Summary of my first 2 days. Yes, this is the future. Exhilarating at times. But it is still in its infancy, it needs better FOVs and better resolution.
Oh, and I get motion sickness But that´s ok, I get in in RL too.